Sounds VERY basic doesn’t it, but it’s actually quite a powerful concept to sit with.
I was in a meeting with a client about 5 years ago, and she turned around and said ‘well Nic, you just don’t know, what you don’t know.’ You don’t know what you don’t know, until you know it!
I couldn’t have dreamt the life I live today, in all its imperfections and challenges! I go to bed shaking my head for all the right reasons, which is kind of amazing! 10 years ago, I was living well below my potential. 5 years ago, I was feeling super lost and living way below what I knew my life could be. But in the middle of challenging seasons, it’s hard to know anything else right? But what if your reality in 1, 3, 5, 7, 20 years is completely different because you took charge of unlocking and creating your best?
I bet 5-10 years ago you didn’t know what you know now? We talk about hindsight and how we would have done some things differently, but let’s flip it for a minute, in a positive way. Are we really even aware, of what we don’t know, of what we don’t expect, of what is sooooo possible? Could it be even more AMAZING than you could ever imagine?
There’s ALWAYS more. What if in 5 years time, your life was completely different, a masterpiece you got intentional about creating, where the things in your control were in alignment, and you were living the most authentic version of your super fulfilled, purpose driven life? What if you look back in five years time, and are mind-blown?
- We get comfortable with what we know…but in reality, there’s always more to discover and unlock.
- We have only seen things to this point through our somewhat limited world-view based or our upbringing and experiences. What if that was just the beginning not the end? #lookout
- We unconsciously make assumptions that ‘what is’, is what will always be, yet, everything can and does change. Someone close to me regularly reminds me that ‘this too shall pass’.
- What if there is more to your spiritual, mental, emotional and physical world that you haven’t even begun to tap into yet?
- What if you actually mastered the things you find hard now, and started 2020, the complete opposite to what you are feeling now?
- What if your world wasn’t characterized by the pain you feel? How amazing would #freedom feel?
- What if things shifted quicker than expected? Were easier than expected? And #amazing!
- What if you tried something new, and you loved it, and it unlocked a new realm of fulfillment, joy and direction?
- What if something you ‘fell’ into became a very #unique and #powerful part of who you are and what you contribute to the world around you?
- What if everything you wanted, was actually on the other side of your fear, pride, bitterness, anger or other negative things?
- What if you 100% backed yourself regardless of who backed you? How unstoppable would you be? Can you even fathom that?
- What if your last 20, 30, 40, 50 years were just the practice run? The strong foundation for the next?
- What if the BEST really was to come, and you got the chance to embrace it because you chose to get intentional?
- What if the limiting beliefs you’ve held onto for years, are just that, limiting beliefs and not the real you?
- What if you don’t know what the #real #authentic you even looks like yet because you are still processing other things?
- How would it feel to be able to turn up 100% without apology? But it aligned you to be living your very best life?
I use ‘what if’ statements very carefully, and only when looking forward, not back. At the end of the day, when we don’t know what we don’t know, possibilities are technically endless! Use it to your advantage, let it power you through. This is where creating a masterpiece has much of it’s power. Our life ends up evolving as we get intentional about creating.
We just have to be brave enough, to not settle.
Be strong enough to push through the challenges before us knowing these are just part of the journey, refusing to be defined by them.
Humble enough, to admit we don’t actually know it all, and what we don’t know might actually be the breakthrough we need to see the ‘exceedingly above and beyond’, and the key to unlocking our best!
Intentional about our learning and looking at our worlds with awe and wonder, because there is always more! And never settling with what we’ve known to this point.
Did I know 5-10 years ago that in 2019 I would be a mum to 3 incredible kids, living in the most amazing part of the world, surrounded by the very best people, living out all my passions, and living my absolute best? No. I’m mind-blown and I know you can look back on your life in the coming years, and be blown away by the same.
Just remember that regardless of how it looks, the best is always yet to come! There really are no ceilings. The paintbrush is in YOUR hands!
Have a fab week!